Cost per person: $40.00
this workshop is designed to prepare you for your backpacking adventures whether it’s a one-nighter or multi-day trip. There is also a focus on being prepared in case of the “what-if’s.” You’ll learn everything needed to enjoy your backpacking trip as well as survive in the case of being lost, bad weather, or emergency.
For dates and availability of our Backpacking 101 workshop visit our events page.
Contact us to book a private workshop.
- proper fit of your pack
- packing for efficiency and comfortable
- Gear: what’s essential and what’s not
- hype versus practicality of gear
- help you put together a simple fire kit
- fire making methods
- cook system methods
- knife safety
- what to do in bad weather
- water purification methods
- building a first aid kit
- clothing: what is best and worst depending on weather
- basic compass navigation
The Hammock Hanger’s Workshop
Cost per person: $55.00
In this workshop, we cover everything from the Backpacker’s 101 Workshop while also covering the following.
- hammock camping gear
- the proper way to hang a hammock
- tarp shelter coverage for hammock camping
- hype versus essential hammock gear
- summer versus winter hammock camping
For dates and availability of our Hammock Hanger’s workshop visit our events page.
Contact us to book a group workshop.
Students should bring the following to all our Training Workshops:
- Notebook, Pen or pencils
- Bag lunch, snacks, and waterbottle
- Clothing applicable to the time of year and season
- HBF Outdoors LLC. Liability/Medical Waiver