Planning a thru-hike on the Mid State Trail? (MST)
We offer hiker hosting at HBF Outdoors for MST thru-hikers, Pennsylvania’s wildest trail. We are an official Car Stopper for the Mid State Trail.
The section between Williamsburg and Everett takes you through state game lands. Camping is restricted or limited at best. At HBF Outdoors we want to offer you a location to camp, rest and resupply. Download the Guthook app for a complete guide and maps of the MST.
The Mid State Trail is 327.5 miles over 500 km. It’s the longest footpath in the state of Pennsylvania. The MST now stretches from the Mason Dixon Line near Flintstone, Maryland, to a junction with Crystal Hills Trail, a spur of the Finger Lakes Trail at the New York state line near Lawrenceville, PA.
Camping on the HBF Outdoor property is FREE but we graciously accept donations.
- campfire ring
- electric hookup to charge devices
MST Hiker Hosting at HBF Outdoors, LLC,
Cottage housing – $40.00 a night
- comfortable seating
- refrigerator (stocked with basic items)
- Hiker Box – take an item or leave an item
- wood stove
- a relaxing porch to watch the sunrise
What do we offer?
- Pick up and drop off from the following trail locations between Williamsburg and Everett. (Williamsburg Rails to Trails trailhead, Rt. 164, Martinsburg, Loysburg at the suspension bridge)
- Overnight camping (one night max.)
- Shuttle to local stores for resupply.
- Breakfast in the morning before you hit the trail.
- Guest Wifi service
- A quiet homestead setting
- Firepit for cooking or simply relaxing
- Hiker Box filled with goodies (take an item or leave an item)
Hershberger Memorial Pool (The Park at Morrisons Cove)
- Open June 2 to August 26 (weather permitting)
- Daily Use Fee – Adults (18 & older) $5.00
Pick up & Drop off Locations
- Henrietta Mountain Road – 40.234441,-78.293825
- Rt. 164 – 40.291433,-78.265336
- Loysburg Gap – 40.158975, -78.370994
- Mountain Road – 40.427944, -78.168670
- Lower Trail Parking Lot, Williamsburg
- We can pick up and drop from other locations south of Everett with a small donation for gas.
Local Shopping (all within 2-miles)
- C&S Grocery
- Dollar General
- Fox’s Pizza (offers delivery)
- BCO Convenience Store
- LaFeista Mexican Restaurant
- Choice Convenience Store
- U.S. Post Office
- Pizza Star
- Tradition’s Restaurant & Retail
- Martinsburg Pizza
- Ritchey’s Ice Cream
- Stock’s Ice Cream (seasonal)
We offer this service FREE but will graciously accept donations.